Rockwood's Sport Psych Class Calender

Friday, March 14, 2008

Sportsmanship on the Road?

I am sick and tired of "unsportsman like" drivers. Yesterday I was rear ended (clipped, really) as I was stopping at a red light. The perpetrator just took off, disappearing into the traffic before I could get a license plate number. Luckily it only left a skid mark on my bumper without actually breaking any hardware. But what of decency? What of respect? what of sportsmanship?

We can't compartmentalize our lives. "I show respect toward others on the playing field, but I am a jerk behind the wheel." That kind of split personality is hypocritical and a sign of emotional weakness.

Allow the life lessons that you have learned in sports to make you a better person in all areas of your life.

No comments: